Saturday, November 7, 2009

Searching for Sacred Vow?

I understand it is difficult to purchase Sacred Vow outside the US and want to help. Sacred Vow (and the non-fiction, Strike a Chord of Silence) are available through Amazon.com in US only, since Amazon.com will not ship outside US borders. Autographed copies of Sacred Vow are available through http://sacredvow.dragonsbeard.com/ --however, my simple order app can only deal with orders within the US at present.


I am in the process of getting both books to distributors for international sales---and don’t know how long it will be before the books actually show up online or in stores. I apologize for this inconvenience.


I have some 1st edition copies of Sacred Vow on hand and propose that as long as they last, I will sell/ship directly to anyone outside of the US (or inside the US, for that matter) an autographed copy of Sacred Vow for what it would cost you from Amazon.com if you were in the US--$17.94US (13.95 + 3.99 shipping). I am willing to pay the extra shipping cost since the lack of access outside the US is my fault.


Unfortunately I am unable to help with international sales of Strike a Chord of Silence at this time (US sales are available through Amazon.com). I do not have any copies on hand. Hopefully, they will be available through my distributors for international sales soon.


I ask anyone who is interested in a copy of Sacred Vow to send me an email via this blog or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/kathmandau?ref=profile) ---or post your interest to this blog or Facebook Note. I will get back in touch with you so you can give me your address. I will then verify shipping costs (for my own needs). If at all possible, I plan to ship USPS Priority International mail, to keep supposed delivery dates 6-10 days from shipment.



If the cost of shipping to your location makes priority shipping too costly, I will check to see if you are willing to allow me to ship regular 1st Class postage, which USPS will not give an estimated arrival time for.

Once we know how we are shipping your copy(ies), I will point you to a link at http://kathmandau.blogspot.com where you can use a credit card or paypal account to pay me the $17.94US.

FYI you may also check local online stores for used copies (as a cheaper alternative, if you like). As of 11/07/09 Amazon.ca had 4 new from CDN$ 15.97 6 used from CDN$ 2.68;

Amazon.fr had 2 neufs à partir de EUR 15,7d3 d'occasion à partir de EUR 7,73;

Amazon.de, 2 neu ab EUR 22,07 3 gebraucht ab EUR 9,05;

Amazon.co.jp, 新品3点¥ 3,080より 中古商品2点¥ 1,548より;

Amazon.co.uk, 4 new from £24.74 3 used from £6.30

Searching (Chapter 1, Sacred Vow)


No longer confined to material experience, Katerina crossed into the dimly lit room, invisible to its inhabitants. She had never visited this world before, never laid eyes on this person, yet Katerina’s bond to the lean, gray-haired man seated at the wooden table was so intense and immediate that she barely managed to suppress the impulse to reach out and embrace him.

He rested a forearm on either side of the tattered book at which he stared, completely absorbed. In a few moments, he began to read aloud to himself, in a gentle voice.


“So long have we been sharing our experience, our becoming, that it no longer makes sense to imagine such a thing as either of us wholly divisible from the other . . . if it ever did make sense.”

http://kathmandau.blogspot.com/2008/07/serialization-of-sacred-vowsearching.html


Read the 1st 15 chapters of Sacred Vow online, starting with
http://kathmandau.blogspot.com/2008/07/serialization-of-sacred-vowprologue.html

Sacred Vow is a metaphysical novel about a man who responds to the mysterious call of a woman, opening the way to redefinition of both himself and his understanding of the world around him. He takes his first steps on a journey to accept the world around him as a place to live, not simply a place to survive day-to-day. Sacred Vow is both a narrative and the means for the author to communicate a positive message about life and fully integrating the most into each moment. Highly recommended—Midwest Book Review


CG Walters primarily writes fiction that focuses on the multidimensionality of our loves and our lives.

No comments: